Thursday, 17 September 2009

When did yoga take over my life?

I get up before dawn and do an hour and a half of Ashtanga or Vinyasa Krama followed by half hour of Pranayama, Meditation and even some chanting of the Yoga Sutras. My morning shower is shared with my yoga towel as I rinse it out for the following morning. Cycling to work I'm listening to some of Ramaswami's chants, chanting away with him cheerfully as I cycle through town.

In my lunch break I'm reading the Upanishads or the Gita and as soon as I get home from work I throw down the mat again and do an hour or so of Yin and some more meditation. In the bath I'm reading Roberto Calasso's Ka (Indian mythology novel type thing....what the hell is this book anyway).

I eat lightly, because of Yoga I have a splash of red wine filling the glass up with sparkling water and let the chinchilla out while reading Sankara's take on the Sutra's or perhaps Yinsights or some such yogary thing.

In bed, before I fall asleep I'm looking at Ramaswami's sequences in preparation for the mornings practice.

When did this happen. It used to be an hour of Ashtanga in the morning, some Vippassana in the afternoon and my reading, mostly Heidegger, some cool novel or perhaps some Livy in the bath. I'd play my Sax, listen to some Jazz (when did I last put on a Jazz CD) while working on some Vintage Saxophone. I'd cook, sipping on a nice Red and I'd watch Lost, Dexter or Mad men in the evening while Nietzsche (the chinchilla) ran around. I'd maybe go to Oxford or London on my day off.

Tried to write to a friend this week, she'd told me what she'd been up to and I had no response that wouldn't sound the same as what I'd written to her the week before. At least then I'd been able to tell her I'd been practicing Yoga in a Yurt.

I need to get out more.

What happened to this guy?

PS. Great Karandavasana this morning, or at least the lowering part was, really slow and tight. going up pretty much the same as usual, up but not pretty. oh and did i mention my Kapo..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels