Friday, 19 November 2010

Vinyasa Krama liberated

Really nice Vinyasa Krama practice this evening, it feels liberated.

Vinyasa Krama has a couple of core recommended daily postures, a long five to ten minute Paschimottanasana, Maha mudra, long Shoulderstands and Headstands, plus I like to practice the ten minute Tadasana sequence daily as well.

Practicing Ashtanga again in the morning I'm able to include all those postures, just making them a little longer than in a regular Ashtanga practice ( I squeeze Maha mudra in before Janu A) and I tend to do the tadasana sequence as soon as I get on the mat, before the Sury's.

With the Core asana out of the way in the morning, I'm able to explore a couple of different Vinyasa Krama subroutines in the evening, for twenty minutes or so, before moving on to Pranayama and meditation. This evening I built a mini sequence around Hanumanasana, Eka pada raja kapotasana and Natajarasana including some prep poses ( a variation of p223 in Ramaswami's book), it felt great.

Love the sense of play/improvisation, tis Jazz! Great way to burn off the days Raja's and I'm totally sold on the benefits of prefacing your meditation with a little asana and pranayama, much better than getting home and jumping straight on the cushion and spending twenty minutes trying to settle.

And this morning... (sat 20th)

Fifth Ashtanga practice of the week, seem to be slipping back into the routine nicely. Was looking forward to practice when I went to bed last night and only a slight hesitation when my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. Practice was excellent, 2ND series, at one point I had to check my Sweeney to make sure I hadn't missed a pose or two, I hadn't. Kapo was fine not deep but stress free and comfortable, LBH's deeper, smoothly up and down in Karanda with less squish and a really nice long mayurasana. Wondering if my legs are getting stronger from the Kandasana work as coming up from dropbacks, kapo B and Laghu seemed effortless.


Oh and I forgot to mention, the new pose, Kandasana, I dreamt last night I was doing it over and over....

...and is it a moon day tomorrow? Typical, don't feel I want or need one now. looking forward to practice, tomorrow will make two, Ashtanga, six morning weeks in a row, finally getting into a routine now, sorry moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels